Saturday 9 June 2012

The Tower: Modelling Unwrap

To get the best resolution for such a big building and to make the level feel more realistic I decided to Unwrapp the building across several material ID's in order to create a multi/sub object material. This would also transfer well in the cryengine as the material editor is very flexible and allows for easy creation of realistic looking concrete, stone and metal all within one material that in theory could be used again across other models if they were to be unwrapped efficiently over the textures. What I found interesting through the project is the way in which the pipelines for engines can be very for one set of work and not in another. I found this with getting the tiling to work with UV's. In UDK it supports a tiling function within the engine across bsp as well as geometry. In cryengine I found that this method actually gave me a lot of control and confidence when going to import objects into the cryengine as I already knew the tiling and textures would work.


No comments:

Post a Comment