Monday 20 February 2012

Feedback and Review, keeping on track.

I'm just going to give you an update on my current progress as I've been working with my feedback and have made some great progress. I found I had become distracted by some of the different parts of research I was doing and found that the feedback I had received from the presentation was very useful. I went back and really focused on what was important and what I was trying to acheive as I had gone a little off topic in certain aspects. I have gone back and looked into the original idea and starting point I had come from and reviewed what I had created and made changes based on the crit and feedback I had got.

I made a change with the blockout and found that my idea became a lot more clear. I have been working on the main area and have moved the blockout in cryengine 3 to 3Ds Max and have started work on the main frontage of the buildings. I had to clean up the geometry from the export and get it more game ready, not only that but make it easier to model over as well. The great thing about spending time in cryengine is that I know that everything that went into 3Ds Max will be to scale and eveything can be measured against that. With other engines I have used, the scaling can be awkward and take a lot of time to model even some of the more basic things due to the grid scales and having to make educated guesses in comparison to the player character scale and animations for going up stairs, ladders and jumping over etc. Now with a metric system the scaling of objects can be done more easily.

Screenshots of my progress in CryEngine 3:




 Screenshots of the cleaned up Export:






No comments:

Post a Comment