Wednesday 1 February 2012

Progress Update

So I've been working quite hard recently, I've finally got  the block out |I want in CryEngine 3 and got something ready for working with. Concepting quickly in 3Ds Max has been really useful and productive as it as allowed me to experiment with the areas I wanted more.  The great thing with the cryengine is that I could create quick ideas in Max and replicate them easily enough with the engine. I've been through quite a lot of attempts and run throughs of certain quick swhapes and styles but mainly to practice with using the enigines tools. It's also interesting to see the ideas go into the engine to as some of the scale for buildings or layouts just didn't work with the player running around it.

It's been a largely lengthy process in terms of researching the engine and pipelines this week and some of last to, which is where a ot of my efforts have gone. Mainly due to the fact any complex models needed to be made in certain ways or needed a certain piepline to adhear to. This is mainly as the engine works in a very different way to UDK which is what I have been using. Though the research has been very useful especially for the signage and things, I have found out that I can actually create a lot of what I had in mind with the concepts I have produced.

Here are some more ad sign concepts and think I have some cool ideas to get going with. I will also post the Odyssey logo/ typeface stuff as well as thats been sitting on my hardrive for a while and thought I'd lost it (which was a relief when I found it!) also some ideas for the Typography of the company.




No comments:

Post a Comment