Wednesday 30 November 2011

Idea 3

This last idea was based around the theme of a semi-dystopian trade market. I kind of had Mos Eisley from Star Wars in my head with the cool cantina bar and a place where smugglers and traders came to do business free of trading laws and full of backhand deals and illegal smuggling. I wanted this piece to be more stylised environment, though as I was putting together the slides I started to feel the idea stretch a little to far away from anything I could reference as it was more sci-fi. I found Leadenhall market (a covered market in London) to be an interesting source I might be able to reference for this scene. Though I really wanted to go back to marrakech in Morocco for reference for this idea as the souks I visited there were really out of this world and amazingly colourful and had such immense thriving trade culture in it. I thought if I managed to capture even 10% of culture it would really sell the environments believability.
 I still think it's an awesome idea and the concept art I was lucky enough to find really captured the feeling and vibrance of colour I wanted to inject into this environment. But I just didn't think I would be able to source the reference I wanted with my budget and time scale.





No comments:

Post a Comment