Wednesday 30 November 2011

Idea 1

I started to come up with ideas and gather reference early on for each idea I wanted to explore and pitch. The first idea I had was a Neo-Tokyo style street scene based loosely around on one of my favourite artists work Syd Mead. I wanted to try and capture the feel of the existing chinatowns around London, Birmingham and Manchester, due to the fact they feel very artificial and would also give me the opportunity to gather an easy source of physical first hand reference material. I toyed with the idea of adding an interesting disused subway that had been turned into a bar/ lounge area. I particularly wanted to create a disused train carriage that had been converted into a bar much like the ones in America that have been turned into diners. Here are the presentation slides showing some of the imagery I gathered to try and explain the direction I wanted to go in with the piece.










No comments:

Post a Comment