Wednesday 30 November 2011

A New Hope

Started out on some new ideas. It was quite funny how inspiration came from sitting in my room bored and started playing SKATE! I suddenly realised I wanted to create an environment that was lived in had culture and style and also would hold my interest. I was a big fan of the Tony Hawk skate boarding franchise for years (until project 8...erghh) then my attention was drawn to skate with the great emphasis on creating a city built to skate in! It made me realise I wasn't creating something static I was creating something the player would want to explore and use. I started to research into the backgrounds of skate and the interesting Plaza designs they had in the game. I also noticed some really nice warehouse areas that were meant to be put together by a band of skaters. So I looked at areas that I could use as first hand reference to try and create my own plaza or skate-able warehouse. I put together these images to help explain my ideas in the presentation and highlight the direction I wanted to go in. In the presentation was a very quick digi sketch of mine showing a rough idea of what was going on in my head.


















No comments:

Post a Comment